Proofreading (sometimes called verification editing) is the final review prior to printing or publishing. Proofreading is undertaken after the layout/design stage and involves a range of tasks including correcting errors in the text as well as errors relating to the visual elements of the document.
Nature Edit will:
- carefully read your document word-by-word to ensure it is accurate
- proofread to check spelling, punctuation, cross-referencing
- check that the document is complete — preliminary matter (e.g. publication information), body text (e.g. sections and chapters) and end matter (e.g. appendices, reference lists, glossary)
- check heading numbering and styles, page numbering, table of contents, index entries, captions and formatting
- ensure conformity with any house/corporate styles
- ensure visual elements are correctly aligned/located.